Benefits of BHRA Membership
As a member of Blackhawk Human Resource Association, you will:
- Have the opportunity to attend membership meetings that inform you of current issues, developments and changes in the human resource field.
- Meet and network with area HR professionals to share ideas, resources and information.
- Further enhance your professional growth by participating in conferences and seminars sponsored by BHRA as well as those on a state and national level by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Have the opportunity to utilize the SHRM Learning System and/or be part of a study group to become a certified HR professional.
- Have the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program.
- Be part of a nationally affiliated professional organization that is involved in community projects.
- Be represented at both the SHRM State Council and the National SHRM organization.
Joining a committee will give you the opportunity to work with a professional board and further develop your leadership skills while giving back to the profession and our community. The opportunities are truly endless and flexible with your goals. Whether your interested in working with students and emerging leaders or you enjoy advocacy and legislative efforts, BHRA has a multitude of committee opportunities!
Please reach out to [email protected] to hear more and to share your interest.
COVID-19 has impacted how BHRA conducts meetings. For the indefinite future, BHRA has transitioned to 100% virtual meetings and networking events. We cannot wait to get back together and hope to soon! Membership meetings are usually held every other month, with networking roundtable sessions held on the off months (Take a Break with BHRA).
Meeting notices are emailed to members and posted on the website. Pre COVID, each meeting may consist of networking time, a program on a Human Resource related topic, and food depending on the time of day. Topics on current trends or changes, legislative issues, or common HR issues and best practices provide professional development for our members. Programming topics are usually approved for credit through HRCI and SHRM.
SHRM Chapter #71
Serving Southwestern Wisconsin
Since 1965, Blackhawk Human Resource Association has been a professional organization for those in the Human Resource field. Our mission is to advance the HR profession and serve the HR professional through education, advocacy and leadership development.
In order to accomplish our mission, our Board of Directors has identified three strategic priorities: Our Members, Our Profession, and Our Community
Blackhawk Human Resource Association is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership at large. Duties and responsibilities of the Board are outlined in the organization’s by-laws. The Board is comprised of five officer positions and core leadership area directors.