For more than 65 years, SHRM has served the human resources profession. HR professionals worldwide look to SHRM for comprehensive resources to enhance their effectiveness on the job, to develop their careers, and to partner strategically with business leaders and stakeholders.
SHRM also works to advance the HR profession as a whole, ensuring that as business evolves, HR evolves to meet business needs. Businesses increasingly understand that effective people management is a strategic imperative. As a result, business leaders expect that HR professionals will demonstrate, in addition to a thorough knowledge of HR concepts and requirements, the behavioral competencies required to effectively apply knowledge in the modern workplace in support of organizational goals.
To meet business needs, SHRM has established two behavioral competency-based certifications, the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) for early- and mid-career professionals and the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) for senior-level practitioners. SHRM regards the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP as the new global standard in certification for the HR profession.
Annual Study Groups
Every year, BHRA looks to offer a study group for those looking to prusue either their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations. During this 12 week program, participants will hear from certified members as they navigate the SHRM Learning System resources together. There are many benefits of participating in our study group.
- Hear testimonies from those who recently pursued their certifications
- Discuss real world application of materials each week with peers
- Establish accountibility with peers to keep eachother on track throughout the program
There are also several financial benefits of participating with our group.
- Receive nearly a 50% discount on the SHRM Learning System online tool and textbooks
- BHRA members can attend the group at no cost
- Also, members are eligible to apply for scholarships to assist with the costs of materials or exam fees
You worked hard to earn it, now make sure to keep it!
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential proves your competence in the field and your dedication to the profession; maintaining it shows you are commited to self-improvement and HR excellence. Enhance competence, maintain relevance and maximize the value of your original investment by recertifying your SHRM certification credential today!
- Earn 60 professional development credits (PDCs) within your three-year recertification cycle; OR
- Re-take the certification exam within the last year of your recertification cycle.
BHRA is a SHRM Recertification Provider